Students will be able to:
- Observe a variety of strategies that scientists use to document their thinking
- Select strategies they’d like to incorporate into their own science notebook
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Get out your Interactive Science Notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Notebooks Across Time” p.11 (Right Side); Head p.11 properly with “Notebooks Across Time-9/25/17.
- Periods 4, 6, & 7– Model how to add to Table of Contents. trim and tape to inside front cover of ISN. Model how to format page headings & write page heading on p.10. Give students the following prompts on page 10: What are you looking forward to most about your science notebook? What do you still wonder about your science notebook?
- Mindful Monday– 7 Days of Calm: Day 2 Returning to the Here and Now– Listen to the audio walk our way through the mindfulness practice. After the practice, we discuss- What did you notice?
- Focus Questions– Set up questions on ISN p.11. How do scientists use notebooks? (Write-Pair-Share). Strategies we expect to see in scientists’ notebooks for recording data & observations (Full Class Brainstorm).
Questions on ISN p. 10 due on Wed. 9/27