Are other objects that produce music also moving back and forth when they make sounds?
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your ISN and add to the Table of Contents- “Instruments Investigation p.22” (Left Side); Head page 22 properly with “Instruments Investigation- 11/1/17.”
- Complete Investigation– Observe slow motion video of instruments (guitar, snare drum, tuning fork) being struck/plucked & record observations in data table.
- Turn & Talk/Stop & Jot: Write the answers to the following questions below the Data Table on ISN p.23: What similarities did you notice between how each of these object moved? Why do you think all these objects continued to move the way they did, even after the thing that initially pushed/pulled on them was no longer touching it?
- Class consensus discussion– Describe some of the shape changes & motion changes that you observed in the instruments. Come to a consensus for what we mean when we say an object is vibrating. Vibration Cause and Effect Models on handout- Construct first model together as a class, and apply the model to a guitar or a tuning fork individually.
- Complete individual model of guitar or tuning fork on handout.
- ISN’s are due! 🙂 Per. 4- today, Per.6- tomorrow, Per 3 & 7- Fri.