How can a substance be both a liquid and a solid?
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Oobleck Model p.34” (Left Side). Head page 34 properly with “Oobleck model-12/12/17.”
- Initial Model/Explanation- Set up ISN p.34. Watch the phenomenon again carefully. Also check out this MythBusters and this experiment. How can the oobleck be both a liquid and a solid? On the white paper, draw your ideas of what you think is happening when the liquid becomes solid and/or the solid becomes liquid.
- Answer questions in ISN p.34
- Unit Cover page on ISN p.33 due tomorrow 12/13
- Write the title very large so that it is easy to read.
- Draw a minimum of 3 pictures that represents the unit.
- Color the entire page, corner to corner, using colored pencil or crayons- no white paper showing