- Do Now- Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to your Table of Contents- “Solids, Liquids, Gases-p.47” (Right Side). Open your notebook to page 47 and head it properly with “Solids, Liquids, Gases-3/1/18.”
- Review of Solids, Liquids, Gases & Changes of State- handout (see Google Classroom). Tape as a flip page to ISN p.47.
- Complete the model for the Changes in State HyperDoc– Your model describes/explains: the liquifying of candle wax OR a puddle drying up in the sun AND the hardening of molten metal OR the “smoke” you see when you breathe in cold air.Your model should feature the following changes:
- Particle motion
- Change of state of matter
Your model should include the following:
- Observable and unobservable features
- The passing of time (ex. before-during-after)
- A key to show how you are representing different things (ex. How are you representing particles? What is showing temperature?)
- Writing- Explain how the evidence from your explorations supports your model.
STUDY- States of Matter/Changes of State Quiz tomorrow 3/2