What happens when objects collide?
- Do Now– Copy down your Home Learning assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the NEW Table of Contents- “Cover Page p.47” (Right Side) and “Crash Test Anchor Phenomenon p.49 (Right Side). Head page 49 properly with “Crash Test-Anchor Phenomenon-Observations-2/13/19.”
- Notebook Work– Add Unit Title to Table of Contents- MOTION. Trim and tape Table of Contents to as a flip page to the inside front cover.
- Exploring Anchoring Phenomenon/Write-Pair-Share– Watch the following videos of different vehicles’ crash test footage: 2008 Hummer H3, 2015 Nissan vs 2016 Nissan Versa, 2014 Mercedes, 2013 Chevrolet Spark, 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air vs 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. What do we notice? As you watch, WRITE your observations/what you noticed on ISN p.49. PAIR with your table partner to share your observations with each other and search for things your observations had that were alike and things that were different. SHARE with the full class. A member from each partner will share an observation from his/her discussion. These Initial Observations will be recorded as a class and you should record them on ISN p.49.
- Science Friday– Jump in Jerboas!
- Unit Cover Page– On p.47 in your interactive science notebook, create a cover page for the unit on Motion.
- Write the title very large so that it is easy to read.
- Draw a minimum of 3 pictures that represent the unit.
- Color the entire page, corner to corner, using colored pencil or crayons- no white paper showing
Work on Unit Cover Page on ISN p.47