What happens when objects collide? How can we design a crash protection device to absorb enough energy during a car crash to save lives?
- Do Now– Get out your signed field trip permission form. Get out your science notebook and open to pages 60-61. Get out your graphs and your Calculations: Momentum and Acceleration worksheet.
- Notebook Work– Open your ISN tp pages 60-61. On page 60, trim the Mission 2 Field Data and tape it right down to the page. Tape your graphs as a flip page to ISN p.60. On ISN p. 61, tape your Calculations: Momentum and Acceleration worksheet as a flip page.
- Putting Pieces Together– Take stock- Identify and consolidate ideas you have figured out across your investigations about motion. Put pieces together- Come to a consensus on how the pieces explain what happens when objects collide. Develop a public representation of how the pieces fit together.
- Educational Video– Bill Nye the Science Guy Flight
- Motion Summative Assessment on Friday, 4/26– STUDY ISN pages 47-59
- Get Field Trip Permission Form signed- due Friday, 4/26