What factors affect the motion of a rocket?
- Do Now– Copy down your Home Learning tasks in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Rocket Investigation p.81 (Right Side). Head page 81 properly with “Rocket-Investigation-6/5/19.”
- Investigation– Rocket- Set up ISN p.81 with lesson question, dependent variable, independent variable, & constants (controlled variables). Review procedure. Set up Data Table on ISN p.81. Review lab safety expectations & cooperative table group member responsibilities. Conduct the experiment and record data in the data table on ISN p.81. Trim & tape procedure as a flip page to ISN p.81.
ISN’s (science notebooks) due tomorrow 6/7
SEL Lesson- Effective Communication
- Watch video- Abbott & Costello’s Who’s on first?
- Small group- Make T-chart on paper with columns for Effective and Ineffective Communication. List characteristics of each.
- Watch video- How Miscommunication Happens and How to Avoid It TED-ed
- Small group-On your paper, show how you can demonstrate the following ways we can improve our effectiveness in expressing ourselves & understanding others. What do they look like? What do they mean? What is an example? Use words & sketches.
- Recognize that passive hearing and active listening are not the same.
- Listen with your eyes and ears, as well as with your gut.
- Take time to understand as you try to be understood.
- Be aware of your personal perceptual filters.