What factors affect the motion of a rocket?
- Do Now– Copy down your Home Learning tasks in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Laws of Motion Notes p.79 (Right Side). Head page 79 properly with “Newton’s Laws of Motion-Notes-6/4/19.”
- Driving Question Summary Table– Complete the DQST on ISN pgs. 70-71 for the Friction lab.
- Video Segments– Force and Motion Study Jam, Friction PhET, Friction & Heat: the Science of Speed, Science of the Winter Olympics: Science Friction
- Scientific Language Key Word/Notes– Use the advanced organizer to take notes from the reading on Newton’s 3 Laws of Motion. Notice the following scientific language keywords: gravitational force, gravitational acceleration, mass, weight, Newton’s 3 Laws of Motion. Record the same terms and page numbers in the Index in the back of your ISN. Tape the advanced organizer to ISN p.79.
What role does mass and velocity play in collisions?
- Do Now– Copy down today’s Home Learning tasks in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Examples p.58” (Left Side). Head page 59 properly with “Momentum-Examples-4/2/19.”
- Momentum Examples– How will the vehicles react in the following situations? 1. A large truck is stopped on road and a small car hits it from behind. 2. A small car is stopped and hit from behind by a large truck. 3. Two cars of equal mass moving at same speed collide head to head. Pair with your partner to discuss each situation and write a description of how the vehicles will react on ISN p.58. Be prepared to share with the class.
- Driving Question Summary Table– Complete the DQST on ISN pgs. 50-51 for the Momentum lab.
Motion Quiz on Friday, 4/5– STUDY ISN pages 47-59
If speed has an effect on the impact of collisions, what happens if an object changes speed? What does this look like on a graph?
- Do Now– Copy down today’s Home Learning Tasks in your planner. Get out your science notebook and open to page 56. Write your answers to the questions at the bottom of page 56.
- Simulation Laboratory Investigation– The Moving Man: Position, Velocity, Acceleration PhET– Complete the Moving Man PhET simulation laboratory by using the link to get to the simulation, following the directions and completing the tasks on the view-only handout in the Google Classroom post.