As long as you act like a scientist when we do science, you will be treated like a scientist and conduct investigations. If not, you get to watch the rest of us do science.
Safety is our highest priority. Before you are able to participate in scientific investigations, your safety acknowledgement form must be signed by you and your parents and you must have passed the safety quiz.
Lab Safety Checklist
Before You Begin
- Do you know who your lab team members are?
- Do you know the task for which your lab team is responsible today?
- Do you know the procedures for teamwork?
- Do you know proper safety precautions and personal protective equipment needed for today’s lab (goggles, apron, gloves, etc.)
- Do you know who to contact in case of a classroom emergency?
- Do you know where basic safety supplies (eyewash, fire extinguisher, water, first aid, etc) are kept in case you are asked to locate them?
- What is the first thing to do in the event of an emergency?
After the Lab is Completed
- Did your team work well together?
- Did your team complete the assigned task?
- Did your team follow all safety rules?
- Did your team need to use any first-aid supplies?
- If yes, which ones and why?
SEE ME RULE- If you want to try your own experiment, please SEE ME first! We can investigate it together, and I will evaluate the safety of the proposed experiment- bring instructions or information.