- To explain, in terms of electrons and protons, why a charged object is attracted or repelled by another charged object
- To explain that the attraction between positive protons and negative electrons holds an atom together
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and the Introduction handout and Trim and tape the Introduction handout onto page 83 of your science notebook.
- Advance Organizer– The science of static electricity TED Ed video
- Investigation– What makes objects attract or repel each other? Model Procedure Part 1. Conduct investigation & complete first row of data table. Model Procedure Part 2 Conduct investigation & complete second row of data table. Model Procedure Part 3 & complete third row of data table
- Notebook– Tape Investigation as flip page to page 83