- The changes of state that occur with variations in temperature or pressure can be described and predicted using models of matter
- Heat refers to energy transferred due to temperature differences between two objects
- Do Now- Get out your science notebook and open to pages 38 and 39. We are half way through the 2nd marking period. Reflect on how you can become a better learner. Write down 2 things you can do to become a better learner.
- Advance Organizer– Introducing Solids, Liquids, & Gases, Measuring Temperature, & and Temperature vs Heat Eureka! video segments
- Investigative Phenomenon- With your cooperative table group partners, revise the model that explains how the spoon gets hot in the liquid. Use what you learned from your observations of the investigation with washers and water of different temperatures and your model and conclusions of what is happening on the molecular level. Watch the molecular model animations of the Heated Spoon and Cooled Spoon.